Ideal hose for the passage of waste water in the drains. Extremely flexible anti-crushing spiral hose even at low temperatures. Made with tested odour-absorbing special elastomers, with no metal spiral for easy cutting and quick fitting.
FITT Diamond has obtained the Lloyd's certification, an attestation of conformity issued by the prestigious leading body in classification, compliance and consultancy services for the maritime sector.
A certification that only FITT Diamond has achieved for its field of application, synonymous with quality and safety, after being subjected to severe tests and tests.
The odour-absorbing and low-permeability material prevents the spread of exhalations.
METAL FREE SPIRAL
- Safe laying. Reduction of workplace accident risks when cutting and clamping the hose.
- Rapid cutting. Rapid installation that reduces the cutting times by 4 times.
- Recyclability. Easy disposal of scrap and hose recycling.
- Flexibility. Extreme bending radius and flexibility at sub-zero temperatures.
- Lightness. Enhanced manageability and ease of handling on-site.
- Sturdiness. Enhanced resistance to crushing compared to hoses with metal spiral.
- Anti-cracking. Immune to cracking of the spiral typically associated with metal-free hoses.
- Patent-pending. FITT Diamond is manufactured with a special patent-pending composition and has a registered design.
- Made in Italy. FITT Diamond is entirely manufactured in Italy.
- 10-year warranty and 10-year insurance. FITT offers a ten-year warranty and a special ten-year insurance coverage for damages caused by possible mechanical defects of the hose. The hose’s traceability is guaranteed by the indelible under-layer marking.
The anti-odour test
To prove its superior anti-odour and odour-absorbing properties, FITT carried out a specific olfactory test according to EN 13725:2003 – a specific method to measure the concentration of odours – comparing FITT Diamond with 2 of the most popular declared anti-odour hoses on the market.
The hoses were filled with high-odour substances to simulate the odours released by blackwater.
The following charts show the results of the olfactory tests conducted by a panel of 15 people after 90 days and after 1 year, using an evaluation scale from 0 to 4.
AFTER 90 DAYS
After 90 days FITT Diamond shows its superior anti-odour and absorbing properties.
AFTER 1 YEAR
After 365 days, FITT Diamond demonstrated its superior anti-odour and odour-absorbing potential. Over time, this feature remains almost unchanged in FITT Diamond, while competitors' hoses undergo drastic deterioration.
(0) no odour
(1) slightly perceptible
(2) acceptable odour
(3) bad odour
(4) intolerable odour
FITT Diamond was subjected to a test according to EN ISO 9969, which consists of crushing the hose and measuring the damage at a later time (residual deformation/deflection).
FITT Diamond guarantees an excellent springback compared to the main competing rubber hoses and PVC hoses with a metal spiral, which remain heavily deformed.
FITT Diamond is safer in the event of accidental trampling of operators.
Flexibility even at low temperatures
To assess the flexibility, a test was carried out to measure the bending force and determine the minimum allowable bending radius before the hose collapses, according to EN ISO 10619-1.
FITT Diamond maintains an excellent flexibility even at -10 ° C and makes the installation extremely easy compared to the main competing hoses that stiffen below 23 ° C.
FITT Diamond has a low bending radius which means less hose and fittings needed for the installation, time saving and greater safety.
Impact resistance at -10°.
To demonstrate the durability of FITT Diamond at low temperatures, an impact resistance test was carried out in compliance with EN ISO 11173.
After being left at -10° for 24 hours, both FITT Diamond and the competitor hoses had a 7.5 kg weight dropped on them from a height of 2.4 metres, corresponding to an energy value of 176 Joules.
The competitor hoses exhibited a significant damage, while FITT Diamond absorbs the impact and shows no alterations.
In addition to excellent resistance to crushing, FITT Diamond also demonstrates great flexibility at low temperatures, making the hose a quick, suitable and safe laying solution, even in extremely harsh conditions.
|RÉSISTANCE À L’ÉCRASEMENT|
|SMOOTH INTERNAL SURFACE|
|-40°C/+65°C - WORKING TEMPERATURE|
THE INNOVATIVE METAL-FREE, ANTI-ODOUR AND FLEXIBLE HOSE.
|METAL FREE SPIRAL|
|Ø INCHES (inc)||Ø INTERNAL (mm)||Ø EXTERNAL (mm)||THICKNESS (mm)||WORKING PRESSURE (bar)||BURSTING PRESSURE (bar)||VACUUM (mH2O)||BENDING RADIUS (mm)||LENGTH (m)|
Working and Busrting pressure at 23°